Braden & VanFossen was established as a machine shop in 1925 by Daniel Braden & Raymond VanFossen. The company originated in the Atkins Building in downtown Staunton, VA. In the 1930's Mr. VanFossen became the sole owner of the business but the original business name has never changed.
In the 1940's Raymond moved the business to the west side of Staunton on West Beverley Street. In September of 1949 he built a foundry to produce iron castings.
Two of Mr. VanFossen's sons, C.L. "Louie" VanFossen and Bill VanFossen, worked with the company after returning from military service during World War II. Bill VanFossen eventually moved on to a new career path but Louie purchased 50% of the company to become co-owner with his father.
Upon the passing of Raymond VanFossen in September of 1965, Louie purchased the remainder of the company. Louie VanFossen continued maintaining the iron works and welding business as well as starting new ventures. Louie added investments in self-storage, commercial property, and residential property throughout the area.
In August 2012, Louie VanFossen retired, but his grandchildren and their families continue to manage the business. We are proud the company has remained in the family for over 95 years. Braden & VanFossen continues to grow and change but still maintains its original purpose: to serve the community by providing quality iron work and maintain a reputation of excellence in workmanship and service.